The annual conferences of the Emerging Markets Conference Board bring together scholars from around the world. The goal of the conference is to advance the understanding of marketing in emerging markets and facilitate collaboration on emerging markets research. The 2014 conference theme is "Listening to Consumers of Emerging Markets."
Organized by Centre for Marketing in Emerging Economies (CMEE), the 2014 Annual Conference of the Emerging Markets Conference Board will take place at the IIM Lucknow, Noida Campus in Noida, India on January 9-11, 2014. It will provide participants with an excellent opportunity to network with others working in emerging markets and gain access to the latest thinking. There will also be a pre-conference workshop that will precede the conference on January 8-9, 2014.
CMEE extended the call for papers abstract submission deadline to October 31, 2013, inviting you to submit abstracts on the conference theme. The sessions of the 2014 Annual Conference are divided into fourteen tracks. Authors should organize their papers into one of the 14 tracks for the purpose of the Conference. These tracks include:
- Understanding Consumer Buying Behaviour by Listening to the Voice of the Customer
- Managing Customer Relationships in Emerging Markets – Learning from Customers
- Understanding Cross-cultural Issues in the Design and Implementation of Marketing Strategy
- Developing Winning Channel Strategy by Listening to Customers
- Using Voice of the Customer in Developing Digital Marketing Strategy
- Enhancing the Effectiveness of Marketing Communications through Consumer Insights
- Developing Winning Personal Selling and Sales Management Strategy by Listening to the Customer
- Strengthening Company Products and Brands through the Voice of the Customer
- Marketing Research Methods and Tools to Capture the Voice of the Customer
- Retail Strategies to Attract Footfalls in Highly Competitive Markets
- Increasing the Effectiveness of Services Marketing by Listening to the Consumers
- Linking Technology, Product Innovation and B2B Markets with Customer Voice
- Incorporating Voice of the Customer in Teaching Marketing Management
- Developing Successful Marketing Strategy on Emerging Issues in Marketing by Listening to the Voice of Consumers
>> Click here for more details on tracks
The Best Paper Award will be given to recognize the outstanding contribution in the field of marketing in emerging economies. The paper should clearly emphasize on the theme of the conference. All accepted abstracts will be published in the Book of Proceedings. A selection of best conference papers will be published in regular/ special issues of refereed journals, including the International Journal of Market Research.
>> Click here to download the final call for papers
- Submission of the abstract will be made in Microsoft Word format to the Conference Co-ordination Committee, no later than October 31, 2013.
- The electronic copy should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Authors will be notified of acceptance by November 21, 2013.
- Abstracts will be blind reviewed and only those abstracts approved by the reviewers will be selected.
- Selection of papers for presentation will be based on extended abstracts which must include a clear indication of the purpose of research methodology, major results, implications, and key references.
- The author(s) should clearly mention under what track of the conference the abstract is to be included.
- The author(s) should strictly adhere to Author Guidelines. (Click here to download Author Guidelines )
>> Click here for more information on the conference
Nicole Zefran is the Network Assistant at the Global Business School Network.