Posted By Nicole Zefran,
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
| Comments (0)
The Global Business School Network (GBSN) and INSEAD Emerging Markets Institute (EMI) held a summit in Singapore to explore the potential for technology to transform management education for emerging markets.
The summit attracted over 50 leaders in business education and industry to INSEAD’s Asia campus in Singapore on April 6, 2014. Participants explored how technology is enabling new business models that expand the management education market and how it is changing the way that people learn in emerging markets. The summit was sponsored by Online Educa, an international conference on online education, and Gidi Mobile, Nigeria’s leading mobile education platform.
The summit featured panel discussions with leading innovators in business education from Africa, Asia, the Americas and Europe sharing their experiences with using technologies such as telepresence, social media, online lectures, webinars, and MOOCs to enhance the quality and reach of educational programs.
Summit speakers included:
- Adetunji Adegbesan, Founder, Gidi Mobile Ltd., (Nigeria)
- Walter Baets, Director, University of Cape Town, Graduate School of Business (South Africa)
- Christopher Chia, Professor of Transformation, National University of Singapore Institute of System Science Management Board (Singapore)
- Soumitra Dutta, Dean Samuel Curtis Johnson School of Business, Cornell University (USA)
- Mark Fenton-O'Creevy, The Open University Business School (United Kingdom)
- Tomas Hult, Director, International Business Center, Michigan State University (USA)
- Robert Kennedy, Dean, Ivey Business School (Canada)
- Rajen Makhijani, Associate Partner, Dalberg (Singapore)
- Guy Pfeffermann, CEO and Founder Global Business School Network (USA)
- Vinika Rao, Executive Director, INSEAD Emerging Markets Institute (Singapore)
- Sandeep Sander, Consultant, SanderMan Pte. Ltd. (Singapore)
- Karen Uffinidell, Asia-Pacific Regional Leader, EY (Hong Kong)
- Balagopal Vissa, Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship, INSEAD (Singapore)
>> Read the Press Release
Nicole Zefran is the Network Assistant at the Global Business School Network.
This post has not been tagged.