Kazakhstan has defined new strategic goals and main areas of improvement of economic growth quality, modernization and entrepreneurship development.Entrepreneurship has become the driving force of the national economy, noticed the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev.
Over 25 years of its development, the entrepreneurship sector of the Republic of Kazakhstan has shown its viability and has gained a great potential for effective competitive growth. To a large extent this was due to the development of management education in Kazakhstan. International Academy of Business, which is one of the first business schools of Kazakhstan, is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2013. Over the years of its operation, there are more than 15,000 graduates of International Business Academy who hold key positions in business and state bodies of Kazakhstan.
Conference hosts take on the mission to create a dialogue platform to discuss the tracks of development of entrepreneurship and management education in emerging economies. Paying tribute to the recognized achievements in the research of entrepreneurship and management in the leading European and American business schools, the Conference hosts offer its participants and guests to discuss the development tracks, experience of entrepreneurship and management education in emerging economies, as well as economic cooperation and mutual influence of the developed countries and the emerging economies.
Conference hosts would like to initiate a scientific exchange of views on the following major issues:
- What are the entrepreneurial achievements in the U.S. and Western Europe which can be an example for other countries in the world?
- What are the characteristics of entrepreneurship in the region of Central Asia, China, Russia, India and other emerging economies?
- What are the Western and Eastern trends that can be observed in the management models of emerging economies?
- What factors (political, economic, ideological and cultural) contribute to the increase of competitiveness, business culture and social responsibility of entrepreneurs?
- What role does entrepreneurship play in changing social norms, labor relations and corporate culture of each country?
- What is the role and place of management education and entrepreneurial universities in fostering the economic development of emerging countries?
- What factors help to improve the business environment?
The format of the conference is the business forum with scientific content; we expect International and Kazakhstan representatives, foreign businesses, government officials, leading academics and experts in different areas of economics to take part in the Conference.
The number of participants: 200 people
Rixos Almaty Hotel (5*) Conference Hall &
International Academy of Business
*International Academy of Business is hosting a Gala-dinner to celebrate its 25th anniversary on October 31, 2013.
English, Russian, Kazakh
- Entrepreneurship in the developed countries and emerging economies
- Entrepreneurship development in Kazakhstan and other Central Asian countries
- Institutional and corporate entrepreneurship
- Innovations and Entrepreneurship
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Family and Women’s Entrepreneurship
- Management Education for Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Universities
- Youth Entrepreneurship
- EFMD Seminar on European accreditation is planned in the framework of the Conference:
- EPAS - EFMD Programme Accreditation System
- DAF - Deans Across Frontiers.
- Master-class by Eric Flamholtz, President, Management Systems Consulting Corporation, Professor Emeritus of Management, Anderson School, UCLA, USA. "Successfully Managing Entrepreneurial ‘Scale- up’: The Case of Starbucks”
Call for Papers
We welcome papers containing the evidence-based analysis of modern trends and development
prospects of entrepreneurship and management education.
Papers selected by the international scientific committee will be included in the Conference program
and published in the Conference proceedings.
>> Click here to find out more information
Travel, accommodation and other expenses are covered for keynote speakers and separately invited guests.
For Kazakhstan participants
For international participants
till 15 July 2013
30 000 KZT
till 15 September 2013
50 000 KZT
after 15 September 2013
70 000 KZT
In-absentia paper publication
7 500 KZT
The fee includes conference proceedings, exclusive participant kit (bag, organizer, pen, flash stick, and national souvenirs), meals & beverages, Gala dinner, etc.
>> Click here to Register
If you are interested in participating and submitting a paper, please fill out the application form online on the conference website
International Academy of Business
227 Rozybakiev St.
Republic of Kazakhstan
tel.: + 7 (727) 302 21 24
fax: + 7 (727) 302 21 21
If you have any questions, please contact:
Conference Organizing Committee Secretary
Conference Project Manager
Tel. +7 (727) 302 21 31