Our hyper connected, global economy challenges investors to capture opportunity and mitigate risk. In one of the most dynamic cities of Asia and a rising financial center, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business Shanghai Investing Summit will draw upon today's leading thinkers and business minds, hosted by Darden's top-ranked faculty, to identify the next best investments in both the large, core emerging markets and in new pockets of performance. The day-long event will highlight new trends and provide actionable investment strategies.
Join the University of Virginia Darden School of Business Shanghai Investing Summit and keep pace with the changing rules of global investing. The event is sponsored by Darden's Center for Global Initiatives and the Center for Asset Management.
The day-long summit will assemble asset managers, institutional investors and featured experts for stimulating, interactive discussion and debate on topics such as:
- Uncertainties in the pace and structure of global economic growth.
- The "frontier" emerging markets and the next one to break through.
- Shifting macroeconomics trends and growth in emerging and developed economies.
- The forces contributing to the rise of China as an economic superpower, challenges maintaining long-term growth and potential investment opportunities.
- Larry Kochard, CEO and CIO, University of Virginia Investing Management Company
- John Macfarlane III (MBA '79), Founding Partner and Chair, Zafferano Capital Holdings and Zaff LLC
- Jerry Peng (MBA '03), CEO, Four Seas Capital Management
- Fanglu Wang, Senior Managing Director, CITIC Capital
- Dennis Yang, Dale S. Coenen Professor of Business Administration, University of Virginia Darden School of Business
- Lei Zhang, Founder and CEO, Hillhouse Capital Management
A block of rooms at the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre have been reserved for attendees of the Shanghai Investing Summit for the general public at a special conference rate. There is limited space available at this rate and you must register for the conference in order to get the group rate. Register for the Shanghai Investing Summit here. Please book your hotel accommodations directly online here. This special rate is available at the hotel fromMay 7 through May 11, 2014. Last day to book hotel reservations using the group rate is April 18, 2014.
Summit Attendance Fees / Early Bird Rates Through March 1, 2014
|Student at Another College or University:||$25.00|
>> Click here to Register online
** Check frequently for updates