Plenary session & research-intensive workshops
A plenary session with key speakers including Professors Pavlos Dimitratos (Glasgow), Kevin Ibeh (London), Pervez Ghauri (Birmingham), Zhongming Wang (Zhejiang) and Christian Felzensztein (Kingston) discussing the topic “IE and SMEs internationalization: new directions in developed and emerging economies” will be the opening session of the conference. The intensive, two-day conference will serve as a platform for the GEDC members to network and discuss the further development of new theories and methodologies for better understanding of internationalizing entrepreneurial firms facing new internationalization challenges. Only unpublished papers are invited for presentation in the competitive sessions. A selected list of papers will be considered for further publication in a special issue of the International Small Business Journal (IF: 1.8). This first GEDC conference will include two best paper awards for competitive papers presented by PhD researchers or young scholars under 40, as well as the announcement of the next conference to be held during 2017 by another GEDC partner institution.
Doctoral Students, GEDC partners and Business plenary
Doctoral Candidates are encouraged to participate and present their work in the main conference. Kingston University Business School will offer conference fee waiver for contributing doctoral students and scholars from the GEDC partners’ institutions. International entrepreneurs will be invited to join and interact with scholars and share mutual perspective on IE and SMEs themes.
Key dates and submission
Submit your extended abstract (about 1000 words) by 1 July 2016 to the track chairs:
1. IE and SMEs internationalization in Latin America: Sascha Furst firstname.lastname@example.org
2. IE and SMEs internationalization in Africa: Ernest Abaho email@example.com
3. IE and SMEs internationalization in Asia: Hang Do H.Do@kingston.ac.uk
4. Institutions and networks on IE and SMEs: Luciano Ciravegna Luciano.firstname.lastname@example.org
5. GEM and new challenges on IE and SMEs: Ernesto Amoros email@example.com
6. Economy, SMES and IE dynamics in Europe: George Saridakis G.Saridakis@kingston.ac.uk Acceptance for presentation will be communicated by 1 August 2016.
Conference days: 5–7 October 2016
Professor Christian Felzensztein
Director, Global Entrepreneurship Development Centre
Kingston University, UK
>> For more information click here